Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Good News...

Well, this last Saturday was my 44th birthday. Woot! I have to say it is the best one so far. The entire weekend was like one continuous gift and I am so, so grateful and thankful for it!

Friday, my hubs had a message on his phone to call the property management place where we've been trying to find a place to live. As far as this whole thing was going, I got so discouraged and bummed out for quite a few different reasons and was about to just throw in the towel. The one place we really, really liked had two people in line for it, so it wasn't looking good. Then another one we found, we couldn't get for reasons I can't talk about on the internet.

I was online last week, posting on Facebook about how defeated I was feeling. So on Friday, when hubs got that message, it was too late to call the office and we both thought, "They're probably just calling us to remind us to put in a new application". But I had a tiny glimmer of hope. I quickly tamped it down, not wanting to feel defeated all over again.

Saturday morning, hubs called. I was still in bed, but, being in this camper, I could hear him on the phone. I suddenly sat up because this call was taking longer than a "come fill out a new application" conversation. When he hung up the phone, he said, "We got it. For whatever reason, the two people in front of us fell through!" I had to go outside to jump for joy for fear of breaking the camper!

Saturday was a big day for us. We put the deposit down on the apartment, I got my free birthday breakfast at Denny's and then we went shopping. The local Habitat for Humanity store is one of my favorite places to shop. We found a couch, a chair and a desk with a hutch we can share for a very reasonable price. Then we had to find some other items and had been depressed by prices, but found the exact items at a locally owned business MUCH cheaper than the other places we were looking. Then dinner and cake and presents back at the house.

Sunday, one of my best friends from high school texted and asked what I would be doing Sunday night/Monday daytime. Found out she was going to be in Portland for a family party! So we went to Portland and spent the night. Hubs went to work while I spent the day with her on Monday.

On Monday, had a great time with my friend and then got a phone call for a seasonal job at Michael's. OMG! Dream job! You all know about my jewelry and I am a crafty girl. Plus, I can teach people! Adults and kids both, especially due to working at the Boy's and Girl's club. So things are looking up! We move in two weeks and then anything can happen! Hopefully, nothing bad. Right? I'm so excited! I can't wait to get back into writing and being a part of this community again. Hooray!!!

Got some good news? Share in the comments!

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Happy birthday! And awesome you got a new place.
My big news is tomorrow...

Crystal Collier said...

Yay!!! I'm so happy for you. Happy birthday, and huge congrats.

Let's see, big news? My second book just came out. We just moved into our new house. I'm expecting. How that? =)

Mel Chesley said...

Crystal, congrats on book two! Yay for the house and wooo!! Congrats on the baby!