Thursday, July 31, 2014

So Difficult...

You know how, when you get some really, REALLY good news and you can't share it? The feelings that well up in you, the whole omg-I-can't-sit-still-or-I'm-gonna-just-burst!! feelings?

That's about where I am.

First, I want to thank everyone for helping me spread the word when we needed some funds. No, I didn't get any money, but that's okay, I was not comfortable asking and I know there are others out there who need it more than I do.

The situation was this, though: My daughter and granddaughter suddenly found themselves in a nightmarish situation. Further details will be forthcoming eventually, so I'll leave it at that. Trying to get them both down here and out of the high stress situation they are in now is putting it's toll on me and the hubby, the rest of the family, but it's going to happen.

Things are moving forward really well for some things in our life, and they're not writing related. I wish I could say it was, but it's something we've been waiting for, for a very, very long time. So I took down the GoFundMe campaign, because things are working out. But thank you for your efforts. Thank you for trying to help. It's hard to put yourself out there, ask for help and not give a lot of details.

But I just wanted to let everyone know that things are going to work out, they're going to be okay. It's tough, not being able to tell you all of it. I want to, so, so bad. I will be able to tell you someday and then we can all rejoice and be happy together.

I have a lot of work ahead of me, so again, it is something that is going to drag me away from writing. Kicking and screaming, mind you. I do try to get a few lines edited here and there in book two. I figure if I just keep dropping stones in the jar of water, like the crow in Aesop's Fable, eventually it will rise to the top. The line editing will be done, teeny, tiny bit by teeny, tiny bit.

Miss you all and hope to see you soon.



1 comment:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry your daughter was in such a situation and glad she's getting out of it. When you're worried about your family's safety, that trumps everything else.